Hi there! Welcome to my blog and thanks for stopping by!
I’m Hayley, 33, from the UK. I’m an expat living in Hilversum, The Netherlands (since April 2014) with my husband (he’s Dutch) and my cat, Paris. (No, I didn’t name her… long story.)
I like to use brackets and this is my first attempt at blogging.
This blog is mainly about Hilversum and ‘t Gooi area, eating too many bitterballen, getting married in Holland, learning how to be Dutch… and the language.
The Dutchie lived in the UK for 3 years, so now we’re giving the Netherlands a go. Why? Well, why not?
Update April 2016: I also write a travel blog, you can check it out over at travelintechnicolour.com
Unless otherwise stated, all images are my own. Please play nice and ask before “borrowing” them.
Want to know more? 13 random facts about me:
1. I was once on a TV show called The Moment of Truth with Cilla Black.
2. My middle name is Jane. The Dutchie’s is Jan. (Our parents clearly had no imagination…)
3. My friends call me Monkey because I have ridiculously long arms.
4. I occasionally sleep walk.
5. My lucky number is 5.
6. My favourite ever TV show is Breaking Bad. If you haven’t seen it yet… WHY NOT??
7. My favourite ever film is Clueless, although I often tell people it’s True Romance… because it’s way cooler.
8. Swimming is my favourite form of exercise and given the chance, I would swim every day.
9. I love to cook. My specialities are tapas, anything Mexican, curries and roast dinners!
10. I’m known for being a spelling and grammar Nazi. (If you spot any mistakes on the blog – pleeeeeeeease tell me! I will be forever grateful. *Mwah!*)
11. I love to travel. Next on the hit-list are: Malta, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand (again) and Japan.
12. My guilty pleasure is “crap girl TV”. Currently: Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
13. The Dutchie and I met in a field in France at the 24 hours of Le Mans in 2007, but didn’t get together until 2009.