Us expats get a bit of a bad rep for whining about Holland. I’m not entirely sure why.
I mean, yeah, from time to time we all like to complain about something… Am I right? Sometimes they do X, Y, Z better at home… or you miss this, or that’s not so great about NL… but overall it’s a bloody brilliant place to live. Hence why I’ve been doing just that for the past 5+ years!
So today I’m celebrating the Netherlands. Let’s talk about why this little Clogland we call home is so great and all the positive things about living here!
1. Everyone speaks English – a blessing (and sometimes a curse).
2. Good things come in small packages – it’s a small enough country to explore easily.
3. The work-life balance in Holland is – let’s face it – bloody brilliant.
4. It’s smack bam in the middle of Europe. Road trips, cheap flights… endless.
5. Pub snacks are on another level in the Netherlands. Believe!
6. The expat community is truly awesome. *Gag.* But it’s true.
7. Cycling (and exercise in general). It’s a great place to keep active and fit!
8. International companies and job potential. Enough said.
9. Public transport. The trains are cheap and almost always on time. 😉
10. Amsterdam is one of the best cities in Europe. Utrecht isn’t bad either.
Your turn. What’s your favourite thing about being an expat in the Netherlands?