I don’t like to generalise 😉 … but Dutch people are weird. In a good way, of course! And I have proof…
1. Hang their duvets out of the window, with the covers still on, to ‘air’ them. Washing machine, no?
2. Can’t decide whether to say ‘doei’ or ‘dag’, so say ‘doeg’ instead.
3. Give you three kisses. (But only if they like you.) Right-left-right. If you get three kisses, you’re in!
4. Think almost everything is gezellig and/or lekker.
5. Eat shitloads of deep fried snacks without getting fat. (It MUST be all the cycling, right??)
6. Cycle. Everywhere.
7. Complain about the weather. (Ok, ok, English people do this too. I fit right in…)
8. Base their lives around sunshine. If the sun is out, Dutch people are out. In full force.
9. Wear white leggings. Why…? Why…?
10. Have a day dedicated to skirts! 😉 ‘Rokjesdag’ meaning Skirt Day is ‘celebrated’ on the first day of spring when women suddenly decide it’s warm enough to wear a skirt with bare legs.
11. Say ‘Tsjonge, jonge, jonge!’ A LOT. (Possibly the most annoying Dutch phrase ever.)
12. Let their dogs take a shit on the footpath and don’t clean it up.
13. Talk English to you, even though you’ve clearly expressed your desire to practice Dutch. (Flippin’ show offs.)
14. Eat ALL the dairy. Cheese and milk for lunch, anyone?
15. Think that chocolate sprinkles on bread for breakfast is a good way to start the day. I will never get over this. Really, never.
What other weird stuff does your Dutchie do?